Kingdom Minds Youth Development Org International

Friday, October 10, 2014

Color Roads: Toddler School Curriculum

My husband and I have a 19 1/2 month old son name Obadiah. We began to do a semi-structured tot (toddler) school curriculum with him when he was about 15 months. Obadiah loves it! He even wakes up going to his "activity drawer," while reciting letters and numbers. It is all learn through play. This week we did a lesson I titled, "Color Roads." I simply got a card board box, cut it into 4 big pieces (smooth any sharp edges) and created roads with crayons. One red road, blue road, yellow road, and green road. Obadiah has toy cars (he looooves cars), of each color. So I would just say,"Obadiah, can you drive the red car on the red road like this? Look, we are driving the red car, on the red road! Vroom!" And so on and so forth. If your child loves cars like Obadiah, they will enjoy this fun and simple activity!

No comments: